At XLPXL IT SOLUTIONS PRIVATE LIMITED (“XLPXL”) we value the trust you place in us when you visit one of our websites or use one of our web services. We’ve built an enduring reputation for using technology and data to bring transparency, integrity and efficiency to everyone we serve. Part of our commitment to transparency and integrity is making sure you understand what data we collect, how we use it and how it may be shared.
By personal information, we mean information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact you, whether used alone or when combined with other identifying information. Personal information does not include information lawfully made available from government records or de-identified or aggregated consumer information.
This website and all of the tools and services on our websites are owned and operated by XLPXL IT SOLUTIONS PRIVATE LIMITED (“XLPXL”). By visiting www.xlpxl.com and/or licensing and using our products and services including, but not limited to, Appia®, Bid Express®, Doc Express®, and Mobile Inspector® (collectively referenced as “Services”), you accept the practices described in the policy. This Policy applies to the use of any XLPXL websites or services which either link directly to this Policy, display this Policy, or otherwise indicate that this Policy applies (collectively referenced as “Sites and Services”). "Preview," "Beta," "Promotional," or other similar types of non-standard or pre-release software, services, or websites may be governed by different or additional terms, such as a non-disclosure agreement or other terms. In some cases, certain software, websites or services from companies other than XLPXL(i.e.: American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO)) will be governed by separate policies owned by those companies.
We want you to know that we collect personal information actively and passively, and we sometimes obtain information from third-party sources. This means that when you use our Sites and Services, we sometimes require you to provide personally identifiable information when you want to take specific actions like registering for our services, placing a bid, uploading images, etc. In addition, when using our Sites and Services, our Sites and Services passively collect personally identifiable information as necessary to ensure the Sites and Services are operating effectively for our users. For example, this is a necessary step to ensure bids are transmitted accurately and that you have appropriate access to any XLPXL service you license. Finally, we receive information lawfully made available from publicly available government records such as final bid submission information supplied to us by government agencies (third-party sources) and used by XLPXL to incorporate into the Services. To learn how we obtain publicly available data and how we use it, click here.
• We collect personal information and use it inside our Sites and Services. We may anonymize some of the data. For example, we receive certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and access times. This type of information is collected for purely internal purposes such as marketing analysis or demographic studies and is used solely to improve XLPXL Sites and Services to better address our users' needs.
• We also collect personal information, aggregate it, anonymize it, and display it inside our Sites and Services. For Bidx.com® users, we collect the personal information you provide during account registration and make your contact information available for use by other users including agencies and subscribers within the specific Services you license. For non-Bidx.com users, we collect the personal information you provide during account registration and make your contact information available to all users and to all public agency users registered with our Services.
• We collect and package publicly available data that public agencies post to our bidding services and offer value-added services.
• We source publicly available information from government agencies for use inside our Services and for resale.
• We also package publicly available data that agencies post to our bidding services and sell to data resellers.
• Bid Express service at Bidx.com®
• Bid Express service at www.bidexpress.com
• Appia® service
• Doc Express® service
• Mobile Inspector®
• Field Interviewer™
To submit a request to opt out of personal information being shared with third parties, click Do Not Sell My Info.
Certain XLPXL Sites and Services allow you to submit personal information and upload data where you control access to that information and data. For example, the Appia and Doc Express services as well as XLPXL Hosting Services allow you to input and control access to your data. You also control the users you allow to access and control your data.
XLPXL will not access this data unless you, the licensee, specifically direct us to do so. XLPXL will not allow third party access to this data, unless XLPXL needs to do so or is required to do so in order to (a) comply with the law when there is a clear, unambiguous legal duty to do so; (b) protect the property or rights of XLPXL or our customers, including the enforcement of our agreements or policies governing your use of the services; or (c) act in a good faith belief that such access or disclosure is necessary to protect the personal safety of XLPXL employees, customers or the public.
We may access or disclose your data in order to: (a) comply with the law when there is a clear, unambiguous legal duty to do so; (b) protect the property or rights of XLPXL or our customers, including the enforcement of our agreements or policies governing your use of the services; or (c) act in a good faith belief that such access or disclosure is necessary to protect the personal safety of XLPXL employees, customers or the public. We may also disclose personal information as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets — but only if this information is required by a clear legal duty and to the barest extent permitted to preserve the scope of the confidentiality of that personal information.
• In XLPXL bidding Services, for example, your personal information is necessarily transmitted:
o in cases of bid submission over the internet (you transmit your bid and identifying information to the agency to which you bid);
o in cases of posting or responding to solicitations inside the Small Business Network (you submit business contact information that is viewable by others);
o or when an agency develops a list of those who have downloaded plans from the Plan Room (the publishing agency will have access to your business contact information and may or may not publish that list themselves).
• XLPXL issues its Digital IDs following the Baseline Requirements for the Issuance and Management of Publicly-Trusted Certificates. We are required to share your name in publicly available certificate lists if you apply for and receive a Digital ID to encrypt and securely sign bids and documents in our Services.
• If you use an XLPXL mobile device application, information that you disclose voluntarily which identifies your mobile device will be collected, but will only be disclosed to those you have voluntarily provided that information.
• If you enter one of our websites or services through a third party, such as a social media platform or advertisement, XLPXL does not have control over what data is collected by the third party. Users should be aware of how they enter Infotech’s websites and services and if the owner of the access point is collecting or selling your information.
• We may share personal information with the agency related to your bid submission prior to the letting end date.
• We may share personal information with the agency related to your bid submission after the letting end date and prior to bid opening.
• We may share personal information with the agency related to your bid submission after bid opening:
o XLPXL may share timestamps of bid packages submitted to the Service via phone, email, or electronic transmission for business purposes during troubleshooting or other such activities essential to the operation of the XLPXL Services.
o XLPXL will summarize the support history (calls, email, chats), if any, of your bid submission and will provide it to agency at agency request.
• Additionally, sometimes certain personal information may be shared with those agencies via phone, email, or electronic transmission for business purposes during troubleshooting or other such activities essential to the operation of the Sites or Services.
You may request access to the specific pieces of personal information collected about you in the 12-month period ending on the date of your request. These disclosures include:
• The categories of personal information collected about you.
• The categories of sources from which personal information is collected.
• The business or commercial purposes for collecting or selling personal information.
• The categories of third parties with whom the business has shared the personal information.
• The categories of personal information sold and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold.
• The categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose.
You may request we delete your personal information. Upon verification of your request, we will delete personal information that is not lawfully made available from federal, state, or local government records and which is not maintained for a permitted purpose under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) or similar law. Permitted purposes include:
• auditing the consumer or transaction interaction, including counting and verifying quality of ad impressions
• detecting or preventing security incidents or other illegal activity and prosecuting the responsible parties
• diagnosing problems with our services
• short-term, transient use that does not build a profile or otherwise alter an individual consumer’s experience outside the current interaction
• performing services for a CCPA-covered business or its service provider, such as customer service, order fulfillment, payment processing, financing, advertising, marketing, or analytic services
• undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration
• maintaining quality or safety or improving or upgrading a service or device owned, manufactured, or controlled by or for the business
• exercising or enforcing any other exceptions provided by the CCPA